Microsoft has released the public preview of Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials. Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials is Microsoft’s “first server” solution.
Included in Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials are:
- Backup of client computers
- Support for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 File History
- Support for Storage Spaces
- Remote Web access to files, folders, and computers
- Remote Domain Join
- New Modern-style app for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 for accessing files and folders stored on the server
- Integration with Office 365 or on-premise Microsoft Exchange
- Improved dashboard
- and more!
To download the preview of Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dn205288.aspx
For additional resources go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dn205289