There is a known issue between Windows 8 Consumer Preview and Windows Home Server 2011. The connector installation requires .NET 3.5, however, Windows 8 Consumer Preview ships with .NET 3.5 turned off. This is an easy fix and will enable the connector to install successfully.
1. From the Start Screen, select Desktop
2. Click the Windows Explorer icon (next to the Internet Explorer icon) on the taskbar.
3. Click on Uninstall or Change a Program on the Ribbon (may need to expand the Ribbon first)
4. Click Turn Windows Features on or off
5. Check the box for .NET Framework 3.5, and click OK
6. You’ll be notified that Windows needs additional files to install the requested feature. Click Download files from Windows Update.
7. Windows will download required files and when done click Close.
That’s it! Now, you can install the Windows Home Server 2011 Connector as you would on any other computer.